After having breakfast on the deck, with views of the impressive cloud-brushing Hong Kong skyline, we disembarked one last time from our cruise ship, and took a taxi to the Airport Express Kowloon train station to check-in (including luggage) for our midnight flight, and leave carry-ons in storage. A very organized and civilized way to travel.
Then we took a taxi to the ferry terminal, and the Star Ferry to cross to the other side (Hong Kong Island) so we could take buses to visit different areas of Hong Kong:
- Pier 7
- Golden Bauhinia Square
- HK Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Typhoon Shelter
- Wan Chai
- Peak (going up the Tram, and Sky Terrace 428)
- Soho and Lan Kwai Fong, where we walked around and had lunch
- Man Mo Temple
As the evening was becoming night, we took the Star Ferry back to Kowloon Tsim Sha Tsui, and walked through the 1881 Heritage to The Peninsula Hotel.
To go to the airport we took one of the complimentary shuttle buses that took us from The Peninsula Hotel to the Kowloon Station where we boarded the Airport Express, arriving at the airport in no time.
As our last dinner in Asia we went to Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop, where we had a feast:
- Fresh fish balls congee
- Crispy Chinese fried dough
- Steamed glutinous rice wrap with pork and dried scallops
- Fried beancurd sheet rolls with shrimp
- Stewed pear with Chinese almond soup
- Steam sweet egg yolk runny bun
- and to drink: taro pearl, and winter melon honey with nata de coco
In the Flight back to London, I slept 7 hours, worked with my laptop, watched one episode of BBC’s Planet Earth II, and several episodes of The Big Bang Theory Season 10.
Thank you for the gift, my love. An unforgettable trip that we will have to repeat, with the kids. 🙂